Visiting the dentist regularly is extremely important to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Most people should receive a complete examination, needed x-rays, and a professional dental cleaning every 6 months. However, for some, more frequent cleaning visits are necessary to prevent gum disease or to maintain your condition following gum disease treatments. If you require more frequent cleanings, our hygienist and Dr. Robert Seaman will discuss this with you and place you on a 3 or 4 month cleaning schedule.
If you have not seen a dentist in the past six months, then it is time to see a dentist. The sooner you contact us for an appointment, the faster we can get you back on track. Also, the longer you wait, the more likely you are to have problems which will require treatment.
- Cancer screening (mouth, head, and neck)
- TMJ (jaw joint) check for proper operation
- Occlusal evaluation (check of how the teeth fit together)
- Evaluation of existing dental work for problems
- Check for new cavities (visually, with instruments, and on films)
- Evaluation of x-rays for bone loss, cavities, abscesses, or other abnormalities
- Measurements of pocket depths to check for gum disease/bone loss
- Cosmetic evaluation (if needed or wanted
It is our goal to help you keep your teeth for a lifetime by promoting preventive cleanings and proper home care. Allowing us to handle your preventive care on a regular basis helps us help you! We are more able to detect problems when they are smaller and easier to handle. As well as helping you avoid dental emergencies, which occur much more frequently for people who do not receive regular preventive dental care.
If you are due or overdue for your routine preventive care, give us a call and we will find a convenient time for you to visit us. For new or existing patients who have not received a professional cleaning in over 18 months, we will schedule you for a hygiene evaluation with our hygienist, instead of a regular cleaning, as part of your check-up appointment. This way we can insure you are scheduled for the correct cleaning service for your individual needs.