Cleaning your braces is an important part of your treatment. You will be spending many months wearing your braces as they straighten your smile. Your braces need to be in good shape for them to do their job effectively.
Here are some important facts about maintaining your braces:
– Make an effort to brush your teeth slowly and safely to avoid damaging any parts of the braces.
– If you find that dental floss is too difficult to use, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser or an air flosser.
– Restrictions to your diet may be necessary to prevent food from damaging your braces or getting lodged in your teeth.
– If your braces should break, never try to fix them yourself, as doing so can cause damage to your dental work and injury to your mouth.
– Be sure to keep all of your appointments with your orthodontist and dentist.
– Clean and sanitize your retainer and any removable dental work as often as the doctor instructs.
Make sure to take good care of your orthodontic braces, so they can serve you well for your entire treatment period. For more information about caring for your braces, or if you would like to have an exam with Dr. Robert Seaman and our team at Seaman Family Dentistry, give us a call at 913-353-4095. Our office is conveniently located in Lenexa, Kansas. Get the smile you’ve always dreamed of with our help now.